Monday, July 9, 2012

"NO NEED TO TEACH AN EAGLE TO FLY" ----GREEK PROVERB---

 

Since March, I have been watching an eagle nest located on a bluff overlooking Boundary Bay, British Columbia by "live cam". The eggs were laid March 13 & 16 and hatched April 19 and 21. The owner of the property has named the 2 chicks Echo and Foxtrot.



This has been so amazing to watch. . .
ECH AND FOXY



One of the craziest moments, was when Mom brought home the "CATCH OF THE DAY". It was a stuffed toy. She tore into it and made a total mess of it. . . but alas, NO MEAT!
WHERE'S THE BEEF?




 The toy is still in the nest. So perhaps Ech and Foxy got attached to it and can't bare to part with it.
SLEEPING WITH TOY MAY 20

JUNE 16
 An eagle can take its first flight, some 10 to 13 weeks after hatching. Today they have been flapping onto the branch.  Both were sighted hanging out together on the branch.

"BRANCHING" JULY 8
Other watchers of this website, predict that they will fly in the next couple of days. The recovery of the bald eagle is a national success story. These eaglets have been a blast to watch grow up.  You can watch Foxy and Echo fly yourself on .http://www.hancockwildlife.org
Select "live cameras" and "White Rock".


"I want to fly like an eagle
To the sea
Fly like an eagle
Let my spirit carry me
I want to fly like an eagle
Till I'm free"

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Been watching every day too. They are soooooo close. Amazing to see how fast and how much they grew.
Missing you out at the campsite and btw did I tell you its been really sunny and hot? Well, it has.

xo me