Tuesday, June 19, 2012

SIGHTING OF "LITTLEFOOT"!


So we went out in the woods today and we sure got a big surprise. This little fellow scampered across the road.  We were sure there would be the MOTHER guardian close by, but evidently Junior was foraging on his own. We didn't take any chances, kept the windows rolled up and unlike the crazy tourists you might find in Yellowstone --DID NOT FEED THE BEARS. 
 I was just thrilled with the wonder and beauty of this young animal.

"If you're a bear, you get to hibernate. You do nothing for six months.
 I could deal with that.
Before you hibernate, you're supposed to eat yourself stupid.
 I could deal with that too.
If you're a bear, you birth your children (who are the size of walnuts) while you're sleeping and wake to partially grown, but cuddly cubs.
 I could definitely deal with that.
If you're a mama bear, everyone knows you mean business.  You swat anyone who bothers your cubs. 

 If your cubs get out of line, you swat them too.
 I could deal with that.
If you're a bear, your mate expects you to wake up growling. He expects that you will have hairy legs and excess body fat.
Yup, I wanna be a bear." 

Just another day in "Beautiful BC"!


1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

...and I was there too! Yes, it was another beautiful 'moment' in beautiful BC...apparently we are living in a rainforest...who knew?

xo me=g