Sunday, May 13, 2012

IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT COUNTS!?!?!?



"I am going to clean the house for you tomorrow and wash your car," Kevin said to me last night as I was about to go to bed. Wow, I thought that sounded just great. 
 
BREAKFAST IN BED!
 I woke up to my boys boisterously bantering in the kitchen and warned to STAY IN BED!  Shortly after, I was served a home-cooked breakfast and the Sunday paper. El had prepared the waffles from scratch and served an excellent cup of coffee. I also got a lesson how to properly make a great cup of joe, which I hadn't a clue. 

EAT YOUR HEART OUT!
 I had to try it myself and found it was even good without the cream and sugar.  Here is how: Use a cone with filter.  Hot water(not boiling) is poured directly over the coffee grinds which then drips into the cup. 
"This makes a very true cup of coffee, bringing out the full flavor of the coffee bean without compromise!"
  The morning was quite enjoyable, hanging out with the boys.  Never a dull moment!!

 Then Kevin and I spent a couple hours at the gym working our butts off!!. . . Now I am just relaxing, reminiscing about all those "mother moments" through the years!! The thrill of victory, the pain, the agony of the feet!?!?
 And the clean house and car shampoo. . . . Maybe next year!?!?!?
 It was a great idea at the time. . . . .  And after all it is the thought that counts.

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

I just need to know if they at least cleaned up the kitchen after making you b'fast? I can never forget the 'spaghetti O's' incident...I still shudder when I see a can of that crap in the market and its deja vu a la F****** Farm...

btw...you look mar-ve-lous!