Sunday, March 21, 2010

SIGNS OF SPRING!!!

"I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose I would always greet it in a garden."
After a long "rainy season", which is what winter is here in the valley, it is easy to embrace Spring. I have found the garden irresistible and in need of some tender loving care. Tilling the soil with the old pitchfork, mixing in the compost, was a joy. Especially, since I had finally recovered from a 2 week illness. This was not a weekend, you would want to be caught in the mob at Home Depot or Lowe's.

While I was harvesting and nibbling on these snow peas, I said to the old man, "This doesn't suck! It's all good!"

Spring has arrived to give me hope for outer renewal but also that much needed inner renewal. The road bumps and ruts the last 2 months, collapsed my suspension so to speak. The loss of a friend
almost pushed me over the edge.
"Only the good die young!" "Wild Bill" was a man who lived fully and greeted death with dignity, surrounded by so many loved ones and family. He was an extraordinary guy and touched so many lives in a positive way. We were so fortunate to have known him. Never the less, goodbyes are never easy.

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, success would not be so welcome."





DAFFODIL HILL








1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

K-grrl, this is such a lovely post and your pictures are really, really nice. Love, love, love your boots...but where are the leggings?

Yes, WildMan is still so much on our minds. I still cannot wrap myself around the idea that he is gone. I guess the 'denial' phase is still in effect.

Here too, all the gardeners in the hood are itchy to start. There is absolutely no snow on the ground here, which is very unusual for March, so there is much mulching and turning over going on. I plan on getting out there in a couple of days myself to add my compost and the leftover leaves from last fall into my plot. Yay.

BTW, I will be wearing my new boots as well...xoxo