Sunday, August 28, 2016

"A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT!"

It is that time of year again when I make my annual pilgrimage to the North-Beautiful British Columbia. It use to be for R&R from my stressful work situation, but now that I am retired. . . it still is R&R! Just in case I am not resting enough in retirement!! It also helps that I get recharged hanging out with my friends and loved ones!


One of my favorite spots continues to be the Slocan River. I know I have mentioned that before in previous blogs,(TAKE ME TO THE RIVER) but whose counting or who is even reading?
 
I still have happy feet!!
I had just arrived to the Valley of the Crescent and my “camp host” (I can call her that cause I am staying in her camper in this corner of paradise),Gina, had rounded up a posse of floaters wanting to raft. It was a perfect sunny day for the river. And from previous river excursions, the river was at a perfect level—not too high and not too low!!
JUST RIGHT!










Just right-because I didn't get dumped but plenty of sloshing to keep cool!!




"Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy!  
To do nothing and have it count for something!"


Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something.
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/reginabret586808.html?src=t_lazy





1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Good thoughts and lovely pictures, as usual. It was the most perfect float ever! Thanks for documenting. xoxo