Thursday, April 25, 2013

THIS DAY IN HISTORY. . . .

There are many significant events that are linked with this day in history. Although we could have lived with out it, (along with many innocent French people) in 1792, the Guillotine was used for the first time on a highwayman.
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/daviddisalvo/files/2011/11/DNA.jpg
DNA Day is a holiday celebrated on April 25. It commemorates the day in 1953 when James Watson and colleagues published papers describing the double helix structure of DNA.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c3/Redhatsocietydmg.jpg/250px-Redhatsocietydmg.jpgThe official Red Hat Society day is April 25 each year. "RHS" is a social society for generally woman over 50. "When I am an old woman I shall wear purple With a red hat that doesn't go and doesn't suit me," is their mantra. 

Internationally,  April 25th has been disignated as Malaria Awareness Day. Today, I am aware that it's wonderful to be Malaria-free.
Doesn't he look relieved!?!?

However, most importantly, on this day 21 years ago, I drove myself to the hospital to have my much anticipated #2 son, Kevin Clark. Oh, what a relief it was!!

 

BABY MAGIC KID





Heartstoppers Haunted House





Parents are like shuttles on a loom. 
They join the threads of the past 
 with threads of the future
 and leave their own bright patterns as they go. 

Wow!  Look at the bright pattern here!!

1 comment:

Cowgirl said...

Oh my...what a handsome lad he has turned into! He looks like a movie star in that last picture. Happy Birthday Kevin (and to you too K-grrl for doing all the work)xox me