Saturday, December 8, 2012

BLOWIN' IN THE WIND . . . . OR. . . A RIVER RUNS THROUGH IT!

 
 This last weekend brought us a series of storms, "cells", high winds, flooding and power outages.  Surprisingly,our power was never an issue.  However,  in the morning, when I looked out the window on my front yard, I was surprised to see that "a river ran through it!
Fortunately, it is designed for the seasonal creek.

The wind did a great job in shaking "autumn" out of the trees. E just sees it as more vacuuming, but I see it as a beautiful carpet of leaves and tell him to just leave it for a while.


Not a great time for the California Marathon. I felt no guilt that I had not volunteered. . . Maybe next year. . .



If they had just postponed it a few hours, there would have been sun. 



As this week has passed, the weather has settled down. Gentle rains, gentle winds, even some gentle sun.

The leaves will be vacuumed up or perhaps. . . 
just
courtesy Owen Burgess
blow away.






3 comments:

Cartoon Characters said...

Beautiful photos! It's well past fall so it's nice to see a review!! Sorry I am not around much. Just been busy with vacation, diabetic cat out of remission and a ton of other things.... :)

kevel88 said...

Cartoon: How come you are off the grid?

KJ

Cowgirl said...

Love 'the poet' inside of you. Yes, the F.Farm looks lovely and I kind of like that you are now 'riverfront'...should be good for real estate value!

xo g