Wednesday, July 6, 2011

NO HIGH HEELS

"THE CLIMB IS NEVER EASY,BUT THE VIEW IS WORTH EVERY STEP"

If you follow "Cowgirltales" blog, you will notice that she blogged "WORTH IT!" This was referring to climbing Pulpit Rock across from the town of Nelson,BC. It is a short (about 1 mile or 1.6k) but steep (300 meter elevation gain) hike that rewards you with a fantastic view of the city of Nelson.
I really never had a great desire to climb it.. "Because it's there" is one of the most ludicrous quotes I have ever heard. However, those of you that are acquainted with Ms.Gina know that she has her form of "encouragement" which borders on nagging, pushing, prodding a person to get out of their comfort zone. In other words, "get off your ass!"

So it was with some reluctance that I foun
d myself at the base of the Pulpit Rock Trail. It was raining and after I went a few meters, I was ready to turn back. I even had a story with all the excuses why I didn't reach the top. Rain! Slipping and sliding, etc. But there was also this voice in my head telling me to just do it, otherwise I would never hear the end of it from the Gina-donna. Yes, it was slippery and wet, but just kept one foot in from of the other. Not to mention all the seasoned hikers that were practically jogging up the hill around me.

The view was just incredible!

So perhaps that helps exclaims why people like to climb mountains. . . .

"BECAUSE IT'S THERE"
George Mallory




2 comments:

Cowgirl said...

Awww....thanks for saying all those nice things about me....at least I think those were nice (?). Anyway, I can't tell you how pleased and proud I was when you did the climb and frankly, quite surprised. Just goes to show you. I now know for sure that you truly are amazing and I am so lucky to bask in your light.
I keep remembering the fun time we had this trip. Love having you here in my life....xo

btw...funny post. love it!

ThE MidLiFe CrUiSeR said...

Maybe you fell off the dock in Canada while wearing high heeled shoes :) Didn't you read the sign! HA! Now those shoes on the bottom picture would have had some real gription!